Friday, September 10, 2010

Myott Collection

I want to share with you my precious collection. When my husband and I were newlyweds, we went to an antique fair, and after transversing the entire fair admiring all the relics on exhibit, there it was, a china set for twelve. What impressed me was the design and the color, but best of all was the price--$150. I did a search on the internet and found that this set is collectable; there is even a website for lovers of Myott. I love my china, and only use it on special occaisions.


This photo evokes the colonial period where dinner was a ritual of formality and good etiquette.

For the center peice I used sea shells, and I also found napkin rings made of sea shells.


Heart's Ease ~ Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home, sweet home, for there the heart can rest. ~ Henry Van Dyke.
I made the buddha that you see in the corner. I made it with papier mache, and painted it brown and then I used a bronze patina. I love it. Its fun to pick it up when friends come over and see their surprised expressions because they think its heavy.

I love candlelit dinners. Just like Victorian style.
~Motto for Every Home ~
Whoe'er thou art that entereth here,
Forget the struggling world
And every trembling fear.
Take from thy heart each evil thought,
And all that selfishness
Within thy life has wrought.
For once inside this place thou'It find
No barter, servant's fear,
Nor master's voice unkind.
Here all are kin of God above
Thou, too, dear heart  and here
The rule of life is love.

Have a wonderful day and come back soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...